Welcome to Utogy! We’re an independent insurance brokerage specializing in Life, Life Settlements, Long Term Care, Life & Long Term Care Hybrids, Disability, Accidental Death, and Critical Illness.
Life Insurance is for those you leave behind. Give them the gift of financial security.
We strictly focus on the needs and costs of our clients. Unlike a typical agency with captive agents, whose primary objective is serving their insurance company and meeting sales quotas, we are a brokerage contracted with MANY companies. More than 100 carriers. This means that we’re not forced to be biased or obligated to one company over another. And since we don’t have sales quotas to meet either, we have greater flexibility in creating you a personally tailored policy at the best price available.
We only work with A.M. Best rated A and A+ carriers. These are the best and most financially secure insurance carriers licensed within the state, so you can be confident that you’re buying from a very reputable insurance company. We shop from over 100 of these companies so you can save money! It’s important to us that you receive the right insurance policy for your needs, while saving you money at the same time. When insurance companies compete for your business, you win.
If you would like to see how affordable our Term Life policies are, feel free to run your own instant Term Life quote.
Utogy Insurance is now a participating SAGE Scholars Brokerage!
Earn guaranteed scholarships at NO extra cost (up to one full year’s tuition) at more than 400 participating private colleges and universities!
Read more by clicking the logo below and visiting SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards.
Getting the proper insurance you and your family need should be easy and hassle free!
It’s our job to:
1. Determine if you really need insurance.
2. Calculate how much insurance you should have.
Why get life insurance if you don’t need it? It only takes 30 seconds to ask yourself a few questions. If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, it’s a safe bet you need insurance:
1. Are you married?
2. Do you have children?
3. If you’re married or have a domestic partner, do you have a mortgage?
4. Do you have any other debts that someone else (spouse/co-signer/business partner) will have to pay if you’re not around anymore? i.e. cars, student loans, business loans, medical debt, credit cards.
5. Would you like your spouse to have 8-10 years worth of income so they don’t have to sell the house, cars, use life savings, or quickly re-marry someone to replace your income?
6. Planning to pay for your kid’s college? Wouldn’t it be great if an insurance company paid your child’s education rather than using student loans?
7. Are you a stay-at-home parent? You’re more valuable than you might think! If you’re not around to care for the children, somebody will need to be hired, right? Or do you plan to offload this responsibility to a family member or friend?
8. Do you have any assets (estate) that will be transferred if you die? If the value of your estate is above the current federal threshold, the estate taxes that your family would need to pay beyond that threshold could be as high as 40%. Would you prefer your family pay the estate taxes or an insurance company? The thought of your family holding a “Fire Sale” of your property just to pay the taxes should be sufficient cause for alarm.
So if you need life insurance, how much do you really need? Simple! Just follow the guideline below.
1. Add up all of your debts, including your current mortgage payoff amount. Don’t forget business liabilities if you own a business.
2. Decide how many years of your current income your family would need to live comfortably on, then multiply that number by your current net income. Term Life policy benefits are income tax free, except in very rare occasions. A good rule of thumb is 8 to 10 years. If you’re a stay-at-home parent, how many years will your child be living at home before moving out? Multiply that number by the annual cost of daycare or sitters you will need while the surviving parent is working. Do this for each child, as that amount will be different based on their current age.
3. Estimate the cost of sending all of your children to college or tech school, even if you don’t think they will be going. Situations change.
4. If applicable, calculate the estate taxes that will need to be paid. (This is a big one to factor in, and you may need a CPA to help you).
5. Decide how much your funeral costs will be.
Calculate: Add up all items 1 through 5, and then subtract any life insurance you already have in place, if any. Do NOT include Group Life insurance from your employer. This type of insurance is not guaranteed, because there is no guarantee you will be employed when you die. You could lose your job, resign, or get sick and not be able to work. Never count a group insurance policy when calculating life insurance needs. It’s too risky because you are not in control of the policy….your employer is in control.
You may also use the contact form below. Here at Utogy we enjoy meeting new people, so you can always expect a friendly voice!
Utogy Insurance is an independent insurance brokerage. Utogy Insurance and its brokers do not underwrite any insurance policy described on this website. Insurance policies are underwritten by the insurance carriers that Utogy contracts with. All applicants must meet eligibility requirements for approval. Some applicants may not be approved for coverage. Some insurance policies may have graded or modified benefits and will be disclosed during the application process. Two-year contestability and suicide provisions apply. Applicants for insurance and/or viatical settlements (life settlements) are not guaranteed for approval. Any insurance policy premium quotes or ranges displayed are non-binding. The final insurance policy premium for any policy is determined by the underwriting insurance company following application. Premium quotes may include an annual policy fee. Term Life policy premiums are guaranteed to remain level for their term period, and then increase annually after their initial guarantee period. The information provided on this website has been developed by Utogy Insurance for general informational and educational purposes only. We do our best to ensure that this information is up-to-date and accurate.
© 2019 Utogy Insurance, Co. – All rights reserved.